- A shepherd cares for His sheep, protecting them from danger and providing for them. Therefore, if the Lord is our shepherd, He will protect, care fore, and guide us. He sufficient.
"He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters,"
- Our shepherd provides abundantly for us by leading us to good food (His word) and safe water (Himself). What's more, we can rest in these provisions because He is faithful.
- The purpose of all history is the cross. Our souls are brought back to what they were supposed to be in the garden - a right relationship with the God of the universe.
- The Lord leads us in His ways, bringing us into His righteousness in order that we may glorify His name.
- While we will go through difficult and potentially dangerous times two things we can be sure of: 1) it is only a shadow, we may suffer but it is only for a little while. 2) We should not fear because our shepherd is with us and He carries a rod and staff that are mighty to save and guide and discipline if necessary.
- He welcomes us as friends, promising protection.
- Though I may not always see it, for my view of things is so small and limited, God's goodness, His perfect goodness, and perfect love surround and follow me. He will never leave nor forsake me though my own heart may grow faint, and in the end I will understand and praise His name.
Final note: this was written at three or four in the morning so forgive the weakness of the writing.