Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Pie in the Sky: Reflections on the Power of Food

One of my favorite things to do in the world is cook. When I worked at a church in Houston, our staff took a cooking class with our very own local foodie and the bonding time was incredible. I have so many great recipes and stories from our time together... and maybe a few extra pounds. The point is, cooking brings people together. It's history, relationship, learning, making mistakes, and of course creativity and delicious food. Yesterday, having heard for a long time that a good family friend made the best pies ever, I went to learn her ways. And here are the results.
Working on her own apple pie after helping me with mine.

Cutting around the edge of the pan.
My left over dough that will be made (hopefully) into a quiche.
The finished product!

No comments: