Wednesday, May 02, 2012

In All Circumstances: Reflection on Giving Thanks

1 Thessalonians 5:18
give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.


My question is, can I give thanks and submit to God's will while seeking to change my position?  Joseph did not hesitate to ask the Chief Cup Bearer to remember him when he got out of prison (Genesis 40) and even Jesus asked the Father to take the cup from Him, so is it wrong for me to do the same?  I'm not in prison, I'm not about to suffer the way Jesus did (none of us ever will), but I am amidst circumstances that are highly stressful and frustrating.  Can I be thankful and joyful for a situation I work to be free of?


Have you ever struggled with something like this?  How did you deal with it?  What did God teach you through it?

No comments: