Monday, June 08, 2009

Whew!

Crazy times often lead to slacking off blog-wise, though i can't say I'm all that consistent anyway.  To all my loyal readers (I believe there may be one and a half ;-)) I apologize.  I just started my new job and I'm really enjoying it.  Right now I'm trying to get a good focus on what I want to do exactly, if I want to do some individual studies with the girls like going through a book or something else.  I think that asking them what they want to do would be a good course to take.  Right now I'm mostly trying to get everyone's numbers and get to know the girls a little better.  This weekend we had a sleep over with the upcoming sixth graders and I got very little sleep.  On top of that, the next morning I went to Ikea with a few of the Jr. High girls, ate breakfast (yes, Ikea serves breakfast, and for $2 no less), and walked around the store.  Then, I went to a graduation.  Needless to say I passed out when I got home.  Sunday was busy too as I didn't really have time to go home after church and get my Sunday afternoon nap but the Nerd Search was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it.  I think that the people at the Galleria enjoyed our strange costumes almost as much as the students did.  

This week I'm heading off with the Jr High to Camp Barnabus on a mission trip for a few days and then next week, drum roll please, I am finally moving into my new apartment!  I have to say that I'm am very excited because I think that part of my exhaustion recently is because I live so far from the church, not to mention the fact that it will now be much easier for girls to come over and watch a movie or eat lunch or something like that.  And now that I've gotten all the electricity, internet, and renters insurance taken care of, the last step is move in day!  Yay!  

No comments: