Thursday, January 31, 2013

Fellowship

Pinned Image
My goal this year for blogging is to try and consistently post once a week.  That way I will stay disciplined about writing, but not end up overwhelmed espeically once classes start in February (almost a 1,000 pages of reading, yipe!).  However, when I saw this quote (see picture to the right), I wanted to share. 

Eating and drinking with friends is one of my favorite things to do.  A meal is just a meal when you eat alone, it becomes an experience, an adventure, a renewal of soul when it's with friends.  About once a month, give or take, I go out to eat with some girls I've known for years.  We eat and drink wine and talk and probably disturb the entire restaurant with our shenanigans and always have a good time.  Whenever I walk away, no matter how long my day, not matter how down I've been during the week, no matter how exhausted, I always find myself refreshed. 

There is something lovely about fellowship with believers.  We are all screwed up, often short tempered, foolish, irrational, impetuous, bad examples, and down right crazy, but we share the Spirit, and when we spend time together in mutual encouragement something incredible happens.  Talking about my soul being fed sounds a little new agey as I write it and maybe even a little hippy-dippy-trippy, but it's the only phrase I can think to describe it with.  God feeds my soul through fellowship with the small piece of His body He has graciously decided to share with me, and I am always so grateful when He does. 

Appreciate your time with the Body.  Always be aware of your own faults and failings when they piss you off and love them with humility.  Encourage and pray and confront one another!  Realize that God has chosen to bring His kingdom through His flawed and foolish people.  And thank Him that He's graciously decided to use you. 

Acts 2:42
They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
 
Philemon 1:6
and I pray that the fellowship of your faith may become effective through the knowledge of every good thing which is in you for Christ’s sake.
 
 

No comments: