Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Personal New Year


Another year older, another year…wiser?  On Monday I turned 28.  I’m one of those people who still gets super excited about my birthday even if the fast approaching 30 scares me a little.  I think it has something to do with new beginnings…your birthday is sort of like your own personal New Years: this year, year X, I will be _____, I will do ____, and most importantly, I will never ____... Unfortunately, like the normal New Years, such statements often fail before lift off.  You find yourself yelling at other drivers though you swore to be patient, over emotional when you promised yourself you’d be full of peace, and fighting envy though you prayed for contentment. 

Thanks Crystal for the flowers!
Still, despite these falls and failings, each year I look back in complete wonder.  Though the midst of it felt like sinking, another part of the mountain was climbed, a new peak reached, and by God’s grace I’ve learned so many things.  He has taught me about living in the longing, to be thankful for the “yeses” rather than focusing on the “no’s”, He’s made me crave His presence, and most importantly, He’s made me run to Him in need.  How blessed I am to be loved by God and how I pray to be more thankful and joyful in this.

It’s still hard, there is still so much I haven’t done that I want to, I still struggle with occasional bouts of depression and anxiety, but in my rear view mirror I see the work my Savior has accomplished in my life, and I know I’ve never been left to drift on my own. 

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, many meals and cakes and sweet presents!  Please keep me in your prayers and always feel free to share your requests with me.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

No comments: