Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thanksgiving Countdown: Day 12

Saturday, November 12, 2011: Kelly Chartier.  During my senior year of high school, I caught what I'm sure most students catch those last few months of grade school: senioritis.  I got antsy, impatient, and had some of the worst insomnia I'd had up to that point.  Part of me was so irked that I was willing to do anything to get out of my house.  I even thought about going straight into mission work as opposed to going to college, clearly an overemotional decision that probably would not have ended well.  Thankfully, God blessed me with a girls youth director through my youth group, Kelly Chartier.   We met nearly every week I think of that year.  Most of the time she just listened, but her prayers and counsel got me through a difficult time.  To this day she continues to encourage me and I am so thankful for her.  Thanks Kelly!

2 comments:

kellycmom said...

I just saw this....sorry I am just responding. What a sweet, and precious blessing you are. I needed that encouragement today, so it was good that I saw it late. I love you and am excited about what God is doing in your life through this thankful stuff. I am trying to do it too!

kellycmom said...

I just saw this..THANK YOU! You are a precious blessing in my life :)