Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Nothing to Say



I’ve got nothing much to say. 

We’re in May now, May of 2013.  I can’t believe the time has gone by so fast, that I’m nearly done with my second class at RTS, that summer is almost here, that so many things have happened.  I’ve written a lot, been disciplined to do so every week for a few months now, taken link up challenges, been encouraged by the blogosphere and by sweet friends, and hopefully I’ve gotten better. 

But right now I don’t have much to say. 

What do you write when you want to remain disciplined but can’t find words?  Do you verbally vomit on the page?  Do you make a list of events of the day, both mundane and extraordinary?  Do you attempt poetry? 

Sometimes I think it’s ok to just ramble a bit.  My life isn’t very exciting, I can’t give you sweet pictures of kiddos or tell a dramatic engagement story, but I love to write, and I love to share what God’s teaching me, and I hope and pray that these things are an encouragement to others in some small way. 

But tonight I’ll just leave you with a song, one that came to mind when I was trying to decide what to post, one that I absolutely love, and I’ll cut myself short, be quiet a moment, and just listen.

No comments: