Friday, January 03, 2014

Friday Night Foodie: Gluten Free Pizza

Thanks to my good friend Sharon (again) I have, well, had, two tubs of Pillsbury gluten free pizza crust and two tubs of gluten free pie crust. 


 I haven't tried the later, but tonight will be the second time I use the pizza crust and I think it went much better this time around.  The first time I made the mistake of using a pan that was way too big and the edges burned…badly.  So this time around, I used a simple pie dish and it went much better.

Tomatos, I always end up with tomatoes on my pizza, even though I don't really like sauce.

Goat cheese makes absolutely everything better.

The pie dish worked much better than the giant cookie sheet.  I pre-baked the crust on 400 degrees for 12 minutes.  Then, I covered it with olive oil...

…basil and oregano...

...the goat cheese...

…and the tomatoes...

400 degrees for 10 minutes
I was actually very impressed with the crust.  It is a little more tough than regular pizza dough, but it was still good and is not likely to mess up my stomach.  As per usual I ended up pulling off the tomatoes and eating them by themselves…they were really good, which surprised me because I'm not very good at picking out tomatoes apparently (always, always mealy…yes, that is a word…apparently some in my boot camp find it an odd one).  It was a great way to end two rough days at work (not to mention the Wild Horse, a really great Texas wine).  If you have a gluten intolerance or Celiac's I definitely recommend it.

No comments: