Monday, June 25, 2012

Last Week Disaster Week!

Last week was what I like to call a "Murphy's Law" kind of a week.  It wasn't bad or anything like that, but really and truly it seemed as if something could fall apart it did.  This all began on Saturday when I started house sitting for a nice family at our church and got locked out of the house.  Let me preface by saying that I tried to find a neighbor before I resorted to the destructive measures you see below:


Busted lock
Cracked sheet rock

 When all other options failed, I, being the rational and unemotional human being that I am (please hear the sarcasm), busted open the door with my hip.  While this might have been cause for some boasting had it not been someone else's house (I mean, come on, I broke open a door with my body) under the circumstances I was simply distraught.  Thankfully, a good friend from church had a contracter who helped us get it fixed, but I still felt pretty bad about the incident.

That, however, was not the end of my troubles.  As I was into the parkinglot for bootcamp Thursday evening, I noticed that everyone was looking at me with rather interesting expressions.  When I got out of the car, I was informed that my back tire was completely flat.  Lame.  After removing the now useless peice of rubber, we realized that there was a nail in the bottom.  Again, thankfully, I have a good spare that is now serving just as well.  Fast forward to this morning, 7:30AM.  I am driving through the Kroger parking lot when I hear a loud thud.  Looking back, this is what I see:

Spare tire cover

Naked tire
All I can say is that I am very glad this happened when I was driving ten miles an hour in a parkinglot rather than 65 on I-10.  Hopefully, nothing else will get broken this week...either by me or by circumstances clearly beyond my control.  For now, enjoy the disaster and pray for my patience when things do fall apart!

2 comments:

Kirsten Oliphant said...

Who knew we were having the same week! And I think you can say with pride that derby helped you crack that sheet rock with your hip! Sorry for all your crazy issues! Hope this week is better. So far mine is starting off with amusing mishaps...

BASE said...

interesting...