Friday, October 31, 2008

Another Update

So I'm really excited.  I was talking to our intern director's wife last Friday at Starbucks (oh yes, it has invaded Peru as well) and I was telling her that what I've really always wanted to do was disciple younger women.  I had the two best girls youth directors when I was in high school and I wanted to do the same for other women when I got older.  I told Robin (intern director's amazing wife) that I wanted to do that here in Peru but still had such a huge language barrier.  She suggested something that I should have thought of before but didn't: Missionary kids.  Two of the families down here have girls about Jr. High age and apparently one of the past interns did a bible study with them in the past.  I thought it was a great idea, and when I talked to them they got excited as well.  So this Saturday I'm starting up a bible study with them, at the notorious Starbucks!  It amazes me how God gives us opportunities in places that we don't look in.  I am very excited and I hope that you will all be praying for my energy and God's wisdom and I try to be there for these amazing girlies!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Fabulous, fabulous! I am so excited you are going to do this and I am so excited that you are finding Robin amazing. She is amazing.

I love you!