Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Where's Your Trust

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."  Psalm 20:7

Though I am not particularly happy about the winner of the 2008 Presidential Election, I am at peace.  Despite the fact that I believe Obama will do terrible things, I do not trust in presidents or kings, I trust in the Lord of all creation, the Holy One who came down to us, walked in our skin, and took on our punishment to satisfy God's holy and just wrath.  I trust in my savior, because He is all powerful, all knowing, holy, and perfect.  Unlike either presidential candidate He is perfectly good and works all things for good.  

So though I will be praying for the new president, I will not be putting my trust in him, I'll be putting my trust in my eternal King. 

No comments: