Saturday, November 08, 2008

"Watch out!  Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."  Luke 12:15

Today, I left my back pack in the trunk of a taxi.  Not only was my credit card in it, but also my driver's license, keys, journal, and bible.  The card, easily canceled, the driver's license, easily replaced along with my keys, but the things I wrote in my bible and journal are a little harder to let go.  Hopefully, those lessons are still in my heart and the writing still in my head.  But I have so much to be thankful for!  Most of the time I leave my passport in that bag.  Thankfully, we are taking care of my visa at the moment so the missionaries have that.  Thankfully, the only money I lost was sixty soles and a missionary family let me use their Vonage phone to call my credit card company and cancel it.  Thankfully, they understand that a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions and they loaned me a little money.  Thankfully, though I now can't get into my cabinet at SALI, my students have a listening exam this week... MOVIE DAY!  

I have been very upset all day.  I won't lie and say that I've taken this as well as I should have, but I've been shown so much support and generosity and I know God will help me through it.  However, your prayers are greatly appreciated.  Pray that I'll have peace, pray that my new credit card will get to me soon, and pray that I won't be in anyway bitter about losing my stuff.  Because in reality, it isn't my stuff at all, it belongs to God.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I'm so sorry! I hate it when stuff like that happens. And I'm especially sorry about the journal and Bible. Those are so hard to lose. I'll pray that you'll be able to handle it with grace.

Here's another thought - you don't know how God can use your Bible now that it's out of your hands.

celiselott said...

Thanks! I really appreciate your prayers!

And I really hope so because it's in English =P Maybe it will fall into someone's hands who can speak English...