Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Worst Blogger Ever!

Ok, so I am a bad blogger.  I need to update at least once a week but I don't.  So, I apologize.  This week has been crazy but good.  One of my classes got canceled because there was only one student in it.  Thankfully, she was able to join another class.  We moved our bible study to Mondays at 5:30 and it went well.  One problem though was that I think I tried to do too much.  How do you tackle Paul's comments about women being silent in church with a bunch of Jr. High girls?  Maybe 1 Timothy wasn't the best idea.  But it was a good discussion.

Monday night was hard.  I got a little bit of insomnia, along with some other things, and did not get to sleep until 3:00 (very bad when you have to get up at six).  Some good things happened though.  I got to read a lot of Count of Monte Cristo and I did a lot of praying.  God is really teaching me a lot lately about what Jesus meant by "blessed are the poor in spirit".  There are times at night when I get really frightened (attribute it to an over active imagination and possibly a little spiritual war fair) and it is in those times that I find myself on my face (sometimes spiritually and sometimes literally) realizing that I can do nothing.  There is no way I will be able to get any sleep unless God intervenes.  I can't stop my mind from going to places it shouldn't, I can't conquer my demons, I can't fix myself, only God can.  I don't like this.  I would love to be able to free myself, but the reality is that I can't.  It is extremely humbling, especially when I sit there and think, "I'm twenty three years old and all I want is my mommy."  I have to realize that I need to crawl into God's arms and let him be my Father.  

On another note, we found an amazing underground (literally) sushi restaurant near SALI.  Seriously.  It is so trendy that I almost didn't feel like I was in Peru, not to mention the fact that the sushi was fresh and fabulous.  It's our new Tuesday night bonding place.  

And last but not least:  My parents will be here on Sunday night!  Whoop!  I am so stoked!  Please be praying for their safety and our enjoyment.  I'll try to get pictures from our Machu Picchu trip as well.  We are going Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  Very excited.

Verse of the week: "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him." Psalm 62:1 

2 comments:

Kierstyn said...

I'm glad I dropped by to check your blog. Now I can better pray for you! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Lose Slow Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Rapidly Search Movies, PC Games, MP3 Albums, Applications & Download Them at Flying Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]