Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's Official

Yes, that's right, I officially start my new job May 31, 2009.  I must say I am super stoked and look forward to it.  Ever since high school I have wanted to go into youth ministry, to build relationships with girls and encourage them to build relationships with God and those around them, to encourage them to reach out to their communities to show the world what it really means to be a Christian (i.e. not just someone who goes to church but someone who loves God, people, all people, and knows what it means to be a servant), and to encourage unity among themselves, and here's my chance.  My prayer is that God will work through me, because if it's my work alone it will all be in vain.  On my own I'm nothing, I have no power to do anything other than destroy and nothing is accomplished, but with God all things are possible, and He can work through me in mighty ways.  It's very humbling to realize just how little I can do on my own.  But it's also a relief.  It's a relief because I know that despite my cruddy witness He can still bring people to Himself because "neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who makes things grow."  How awesome is that?

On the down side, I had to change my move in date for my apartment to the 20th of June.  This actually is better in that my parents will be in town and it's not on the same date as when we're on a mission trip, but it's bad because until then it's a 45 (or so) minute drive to the church.  However, I will continue to be thankful that I found an apartment close to the church and that June's rent will be less expensive.  So, no complaints in the long run!

No comments: