Monday, May 25, 2009

So, about the slackerness...

I go through periods where I'm really bad about updating my blog, and this is one of those times.  I've had access to the internet, I've had plenty of time on my hands as I haven't started working yet, and I really don't have any other excuse except laziness, so I'll chalk it up to that.  I'm still feeling lazy so at the moment I'm simply giving a small update.  So far I've mostly just been catching up with old friends, finding an apartment (move-in date June 13th!), and sweating it out while waiting to find out about my job.  It's been wonderful spending time with my family and seeing old friends but I cannot wait to start working.  The students at Christ EPC are awesome and I look forward to discipling and having fun with the girls.  I also can't wait to move into my new apartment.  

If you know me, you know that I have some fear issues.  The wrong movie or even preview for a movie can cause me many a sleepless night, so the prospect of living alone for the first time in my life is a huge leap.  I think this will be an awesome opportunity for me to work on trusting God because I will have no one else around to comfort me when I'm scared.  The only way for me to get over a fearful night will be to pray and trust God to give me strength.  This will also be a great way to invite students over to the apartment and not have any roommates to worry about bothering.  It's a little more expensive not to have a roommate, but that will also help me to learn to budget better.  

So, there you go.  Keep me in your prayers!   

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I can definitely relate to the post-scary movie (or preview) freak out. When I lived by myself I memorized a Bible verse that always helped me remember Who was really keeping me safe - Psalm 4:8. And now even Jonathan has it memorized, and says it every night before going to bed.

margaret said...

oh boy!!!! did you get the job at CPEC?? congratulations! why didn't Kirsten tell me!! way to go, girl- we love that church so we will see you in June for sure! that is wonderful news- you will be awesome- girls are lucky to have you for a Christian role model!!