Sunday, February 01, 2009

A little homesick




Short update: I'm homesick.  That makes me a little sad because I've felt a lot better being down here lately, at least in comparison to the way I was feeling last year.  I was hoping that things would be a bit easier having been able to see my family over Christmas and knowing that my Mom and Dad would be coming in March, but this morning I woke up feeling very, very homesick.  Maybe it's because I've started looking into apartments and thinking about what I'll need to do when I return to the states, or maybe it's just a little spiritual warfare, but either way, I'm missing my family and my home.  The worst part is how selfish it makes me feel.  Here I am with this amazing opportunity to serve God and all I can think about is how I miss my parents.  It's really hard.  I guess I just need to stay in prayer and in the Word.  Thank goodness for Skype, at least I can see their faces.


No comments: